PRODUCTION DIRECTOR/NEWS REPORTER
Talented and creative Communications Specialist with experience as a production director, news reporter, camera operator, and on-air talent. Multi-disciplined public relations specialist with experience in marketing, managing non-profit events, and public speaking. Skilled in all roles within the field of communications, including writing, producing, reporting, and filming and editing video. Proven success as a manager, trainer, and mentor within Hertz and Sinclair Broadcasting.
CAREER HIGHLIGHTS & ACHIEVEMENTS
• Operated location as an Associate Branch Manager with Hertz following a six-month training program, exceeding retail goals and bringing in total earnings over $1.2k over a short period of time.
• Trained 20-30 employees through business tactics and customer service practices as leader and mentor in the position of Associate Branch Manager for Hertz. Hired commercial producers for Sinclair Broadcasting.
• Worked simultaneously as news reporter, camera operator, and editor for Channel 19, a staff writer for ASU Golden Times, and a producer with WASU 92.7 FM, and managed to meet all deadlines on a consistent basis.
• Directed the Sinclair Broadcasting news floor and managed all equipment and its usage in the position of Production Director. Produced radio broadcasts for the Albany State University TV Station.
• Earned between $1.5k and 10k in revenue and continued to increase the branch’s monthly earnings by focusing on upselling to customers and offering protection coverage packages.
• Spoke publicly and presented at multiple college symposiums with estimated audiences of over 300 people. Worked many different large galas and community events in volunteer positions.
• Oversaw all commercial and advertising production through the entire production process, from conception, through scripting, pre-production, shooting, editing, and post-production.
• Served as a student ambassador and leader among the fellow students during a study abroad semester in the summer of 2016. Selected by the program from a total of 10 students.
2017 - Present
Associate Branch Manager,
• Managed the car rental process, from qualifying renters to completing the contract, to ensure a positive customer experience. Enhanced sales by expanding market and upsold customers to higher-priced services and ancillary products to maximize margin.
• Contributed to the Hertz Improvement Process to discover new and more efficient ways to run the business and deliver the right products and services to our customers faster and at a lower cost.
• Supported branch manager through billing issues, budgeting, and payment processes to achieve location sales and reach margin goals to qualify for a promotion to manager.
• Trained 20-30 new employees in leadership and mentor position. Cleaned and services cars and site facilities to ensure professional appearance and positive customer service.
2017 - 2017
• Coordinated and oversaw commercial production through each phase, from conception, scripting, pre-production, and post-production. Created advertising concepts and executed through producing, scriptwriting, shooting, and editing.
• Met with clients and created advertising that is effective in furthering client’s goals. Collaborated with sales, creative services, traffic, and engineering departments.
• Assisted Creative Services Director in hiring and training of commercial production producers. Managed the scheduling, workload, and project assignments for all production personnel.
• Directed the news floor and managed equipment maintenance and usage.
• Wrote and published stories for the Xiamen Daily newspaper and reported directly to the editor-in-chief to collaborate and plan news coverage.
• Worked on a special project collaborating with Xiamen University students on solutions to the smog and pollution problems facing China. Proofread content before it was published to the Xiamen Daily newspaper website. Narrated poems in English and uploaded them on the website.
ASU Golden Times Student Newspaper,
• Published news stories to the newspaper’s WordPress website that focused on the issues of Albany State University, the surrounding campus, and local community.
• Researched topics and interviewed students and staff on campus issues, and worked closely with campus police on crime incidents and matters of campus safety.
Channel 19 TV Station,
• Wrote about news covering Albany State University, the surrounding campus, and local community. Investigated criminal activity and other information not made readily available.
Albany State University Radio Station,
• Produced daily shows and created content for viewers. Prepared for recording sessions by white balancing cameras, mounting tripods, and attaching microphones to talent.
Albany State University TV Station,
• Produced radio broadcasts, served as on-air talent, talked to callers over the air, and operated the audio board for the radio station. Generated music using the Nexgen Digital radio automation software and conducted weekly EAS Tests.
• Wrote radio scripts for local businesses, recorded voiceovers, and edited audio using Adobe Edition software. Created liners, including the radio station’s call sign.
Master of Arts in Communications, Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester, NH, 2019
Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications, Albany State University, Albany, GA, 2016
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Audition, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Power Point), Nexgen Digital, WordPress
Communications Specialist – Queen of Hearts Organization