WEEKEND ANCHOR/ KATU-TV ABC PORTLAND FALL 2013 - PRESENT
• Weekend Morning Anchor, Managing Editor for two hour morning show.
• Ratings increased triple digits within three months of anchoring the newscasts.
• Book guests and decide content for the weekend newscasts.
• Report for other newscast and post content to the web and social media.
REPORTER FILL-IN ANCHOR/ KSWB-TV FOX SAN DIEGO FALL 2008 - 2013
• Emmy awarded, Fill-in Anchor, Morning Reporter for five and a half hour morning show.
• Often covering several stories daily and turn packages for the morning and evening shows.
• Report live for KTLA and KTXL Sacramento several times a week.
• Report and post content to the web.
REPORTER/ KVVU-TV FOX LAS VEGAS AUGUST 2007 – MAY 2008
• Often covered several stories daily.
• Reported live for CNN and FOX News Network.
• Covered news of the day, several presidential visits and breaking news.
LEAD NIGHTSIDE REPORTER/ KESQ-TV PALM SPRINGS June 2006 - January 2008
• Lead Reporter assigned top story of the day.
• Covered breaking news on a regular basis for the number one news station in the market.
• Broke several stories and built sources and contacts.
DAYSIDE REPORTER/ KTVN-TV RENO JUNE 2003 – MAY 2006
• Covered politics, breaking news, and top story of the day.
• Worked sources and broke stories on a regular basis.
• Reported for CBS affiliates in Las Vegas and Sacramento.
• Created weekly entertainment segment called ''Not 2 Miss''.
FOUR CORNERS BUREAU CHIEF/ KRQE-TV ALBUQUERQUE MAY 2002 – MAY 2003
• Worked as fill-in reporter at main station in Albuquerque every weekend during last six months.
• Reported daily in busy four corners bureau.
• Reported as a one-man-band reporter in Albuquerque and in Northern New Mexico.
California State University Fullerton , Fullerton, CA
B.A. Communications, Broadcast Journalism
• Very active with local non-profit organizations including Aids Walk Portland, Aids Walk San Diego, The Armed Services YMCA, The Salvation Army and The American Red Cross.
• Active member in media organizations including APTRA, SPJ, NATAS and RTNDA.
• The American Red Cross HERO Award: Easter Quake Coverage in San Diego and Mexico.
• Salvation Army Golden Bell Award: News Coverage and Volunteer work.
• Phi Kappa Tau National Fraternity: “Phi Tau’s Under 40 Award”
• EMMY Award, Pacific Southwest Region: “Morning Reporter” -- LIVE Reporting Montage.
• EMMY Nomination, Pacific Southwest Region: “Facing Your Fears” – From skydiving to old wooden roller coasters. This is a report about how to overcome your fears.
• EMMY Nomination, Pacific Southwest Region: “2012 the End of the World” – An international report where I traveled to the ancient Mayan temples in Belize in search of answers to the end of the Mayan Calendar meaning.
Mort Meisner Associates
(248) 545 - 2222