I wish to obtain a position as a meteorologist in a market where my 20 years of experience can either lead a station to or keep a station at the top of the market in weather presentation and reputation.
BayNews 9 – Tampa, Florida - Meteorologist
March, 2001 – present
• Responsible for the forecasting of weather and presentation of aforementioned
forecasts on a 24 hour news channel where the weather is presented every ten
• Responsible for communicating the severity of a weather event to the newsroom,
news managers, and assignment desk.
• Provide continuous updates to the public during severe weather events when
• Additional responsibilities include updating station website and providing weather
forecasts for several area radio stations and newspapers.
• Represent station at various community events and functions.
KGAN – Cedar Rapids, Iowa - Meteorologist
May, 1998 – March, 2001
• Forecasted the weather and presented weather forecasts in a manner that were easy
• Reported live from the field during severe weather events.
• Provided live phone updates while storm chasing.
• Co-authored child education website with a focus on science and weather.
• Represented station at community events/
WNYT – Albany, New York – Meteorologist, Weather Intern
September, 1996 - May, 1998
• Forecasted the weather and presented forecasts to the viewers on a fill-in basis.
• As an intern prior to hiring, assisted staff meteorologist with weather forecasts and
State University of New York at Albany – Albany, New YorkMay 1997
Major: Atmospheric Science Minor: Business Administration
Honors & Skills
• American Meteorological Society Television Certified Broadcast Meteorologist - #255
• American Meteorological Society Television Seal of Approval - #1042
• WSI Weather Producer, ShowFX, TruView Interactive, Skytracker
• WSI ShowFX, Truview Max, and Baron's Vipir, Fastrac, and OMNI
References Available Upon Request
Mort Meisner Associates
(248) 545 - 2222