CAREER OVERVIEW & SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
Professional Olympic Track and Field Athlete with a diverse record of experience and accomplishments in television, coaching, health/wellness program administration, marketing and sales. Extensive national and international travel experience interacting with individuals from diverse cultural backgrounds.
Specific strengths and distinctions:
Coaching / Health & Wellness Administration:
• Nationally recognized professional track and field athlete for 12+ years with recognition as a three-time Olympian and seven-time U.S. National Champion.
• Provided track and field coaching at the Universityof Florida and University of Tennessee developing and mentoring elite NCAA student-athletes and managing/scheduling track and field competitions.
• Developed and administered comprehensive employee health/wellness program at CVS Caremark, including creating employee incentive plans to encourage participation; analyzing and reporting on employee participation; and coordinating seminars, screenings, and other special events.
• Remain up-to-date with new advances in fitness/wellness concepts through continuing education.
• Hosted the University of Florida Gator Tales television show featuring UF athletes; identified athletes to profile, conducted interviews, and developed stories focusing on behind the scenes background of athletes off the field.
• Appeared in a non-scripted educational video series sponsored by Hershey with Olympic athletes such as Carl Lewis and Bruce Jenner; provided training advice on health, fitness, and wellness; video was distributed to high schools nationwide to promote athletics and adopting a healthy lifestyle.
• Served as Color Commentator on the College Sports Television Network providing track and field event commentary and facts, interviewing players, analyzing coaches, and developing and presenting stories.
• Served as an Olympic Contributor for WBIR and WATE (NBC & ABCaffiliates) educating viewers about Olympic experiences, recapping Olympic trials, and serving as an on-air personality during live broadcasts.
Sales & Marketing:
• Contacted several large corporations and Fortune 500 companies and successfully marketed, sold, and secured sponsorship contracts with Home Depot, CVSCaremark, BMW, and AT&T.
• Created a successful, proven marketing campaign, materials, and videos that were used to sell my personal qualifications as a corporate spokesperson.
• Met with key marketing executives and negotiated multiple annual sponsorship and bonus contracts with Nike ($100,000+), BMW ($12,000), AT&T ($5,000), Home Depot ($30,000), and CVS($45,000).
• Completed hundreds of speaking engagements and professional appearances at national and corporate events.
USATRACK & FIELD (USATF),
2000 to Present
Established a successful record of recognition throughout my career training and competing nationally and internationally as an elite athlete. This role required extensive sales efforts to negotiate and secure over $190,000 in annual sponsorship contracts as well as strong interpersonal skills for speaking engagements, public appearances, and serving in key leadership roles representing athletes to professional sports organizations.
• Recognized as a seven-time USA Outdoor 800m Champion (2000, 2001, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010).
• Represented the United Statesas a three-time Olympian (2000, 2004, 2008), two-time Olympic Trials Champion, and Olympic Finalist.
• Achieved national recognition as a two-time USA Indoor Champion (2000, 2005).
• Elected by fellow athletes as a USA Track & Field (USATF) Event Leader to represent the event group, relay/address athlete concerns, vote on policies, and serve as communication link between USATF and the U.S.
Olympic Committee (USOC) and International Association of Athletics Federations; organize focus groups and distribute meeting minutes and other vital information to athletes; served in role for four years.
• Selected by the USOC as an Olympic Ambassador to represent athletes in meetings with top Olympic officials, provide a voice for the other athletes, and provide feedback to sponsors.
• Serve as a spokesperson at national sporting and corporate events and make Olympic athlete appearances for major corporate sponsors that include Nike, Hershey, Home Depot, AT&T, BMW, and CVSCaremark.
• Appeared in several Nike advertising campaigns published in Vogue, People, Glamour, and Sports Illustrated.
2010 to 2011
Corporate Wellness Program Developer.
• Created, implemented, and administered a comprehensive corporate wellness program for 1,000+ employees that encouraged company-wide focus on improving overall health and fitness of the staff members at all levels.
• Developed nutritional programs, diet plans, healthy recipes, and cooking competitions that encouraged participation among the employees assisted them in developing improved eating habits.
• Planned and directed numerous seminars covering a range of wellness topics, including nutrition/hydration education, relaxation tips, stress relief exercises, and yoga.
• Designed a large number of sports/fitness events for staff members and created additional exercise programs that could be used by the employees during the workday or after hours.
2004 to 2009
Human Resources Assistant.
• Assisted with daily human resources activities and performed administrative functions that included preparing project calendars and reports, cash handling, and assisting with employee records administration.
• Contributed to maintaining the efficiency of human resources department operations by maintaining compliance with procedures, employee confidentiality requirements and best practices.
• Contacted job applicants, scheduled interviews, and coordinated training programs, material, and procedures.
UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA / UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE,
Gainesville, FL/Knoxville, TN, 2000 to 2004
Track and Field Volunteer Coach.
• Coached middle distance and distance events with responsibility for organizing/leading training and practice sessions, and implementing training philosophies to assist athletes in achieving elite NCAA performance levels.
• Assisted in identifying and recruiting prospective student-athletes and promoting the advantages offered by the university's academic and athletic training departments.
• Managed and assisted with all aspects of planning and coordinating home Track and Field competitions.
B.S., Sociology (2000)
UNIVERSITYOF FLORIDA, Gainesville, FL
• Three-time NCAA Indoor Champion (1997, 1998, 1999)
• Three-time NCAA Outdoor Champion (1997, 1998, 1999)
• NCAA Meet record holder
• Undefeated in SEC competition
•Universityof FloridaHall of Fame Inductee
DB & Associates
(484) 695 - 5187