Cornell University, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Ithaca, NY
Bachelor of Science in Atmospheric Science with Minors in Spanish and Communications, May 2015
Teaching Assistant: Introductory Meteorology Lab
KCAU-TV ABC9 News, Weekend Meteorologist/ Weekday Reporter June 2015 - Present
Sioux City, IA
• Meteorologist for weekend newscasts: forecast, create graphics using WSI Weather Central, and cut into programming for severe weather warnings. Fill-in meteorologist for morning and prime time newscasts as needed.
• Weather/ news reporter weekday nightly newscasts: shoot, write, edit, and report all stories, including live shots in inclement weather.
• Visit local elementary school to speak about meteorology/ journalism, and aid in creation of a student newscast.
• Use social media to update viewers on both inclement and fair weather, interacting with viewers on a daily basis.
Good Morning America, Weather Shadow August 2014 & December 2014
ABC Studios; New York, NY
• Observed behind-the-scenes and live action procedures of Good Morning America alongside meteorologists Ginger Zee and Rob Marciano.
CNN, Weather Intern June 2014 - August 2014
CNN World Headquarters; Atlanta, GA & Time Warner Center; New York, NY
• Worked alongside CNN Domestic and International Weather teams.
• Updated on-air graphics on WSI Max software. Built radar and satellite images for CNN.com websites, as well as World Cup and Tour de France on-air forecast graphics.
• Managed @CNNWeather Twitter page. Tweeted multiple times a day, as well as responded to viewers' questions. Helped the page gain over 5,000 followers during the summer I was in charge of the page.
• Participated in rolling coverage of Hurricane Arthur for two 12 hour shifts. Responsibilities included updating the Twitter and digital graphics, as well as helping the producer prepare our on-air meteorologist.
• Interned at CNN's morning show New Day in New York alongside meteorologist Indra Petersons.
• Recorded numerous weather hits on both the interactive touch-screen and chroma key weather sets.
WNBC News 4 New York, Weather Shadow January 2014
NBC Studios; New York, NY
• Observed behind-the-scenes and live action procedures for both noon and evening news alongside meteorologist Raphael Miranda.
WSYR Newschannel 9, Weather Intern September 2013 - December 2013
ABC Studios; Syracuse, NY
• Forecasted alongside the Storm Team three times a week, including chief meteorologist Dave Longley, Jim Teske, and Julia Weiden by analyzing numerical models, radar/ satellite imagery, and upper air soundings.
• Used Weather Central and 3D Live Software to create graphics such as regional forecast temperature and "Timecast" model maps, "Chill-O-Meter," evening planners, and three and seven-day forecast. All graphics were used in the live broadcasts.
• Updated the station website, as well as wrote the full weather Forecast Discussion.
• Watched the weathercast unfold in various settings including “Storm Team Alert” mode.
• Recorded mock hits in front of weather wall.
Ithaca College Television Newswatch 16, Broadcast Meteorologist August 2012 - May 2015
Ithaca College; Ithaca, NY
• Forecast using numerical models alongside current upper air and surface data.
• Use Adobe Photoshop to create all weather graphics including: radar and satellite images, "FutureCast" model runs, and temperature/conditions slides for "Tonight," "Tomorrow Morning," and "Tomorrow Afternoon," as well as a full seven day forecast.
• Broadcast both live and taped shows one to two times a week. Segments included an outside-the-studio tease, a full weather block and a "banter" portion with two news anchors and a sports anchor.
• Present all forecasts, both live and taped airings.
Cornell Chapter of the American Meteorological Society, Forecaster August 2011 - May 2015
Cornell University; Ithaca, NY
• Forecast and record seven day forecasts for a telephone voice recording, Cornell's "Weatherphone," and posted written overnight, immediate, and seven day forecasts on the Cornell's Meteorology Department homepage and Cornell Weather Facebook and Twitter pages.
• All forecasts are done on a regular basis, one to two times a week.
Computer: Proficiency in WSI Max, Weather Central, 3D Live, Adobe Photoshop, Fortran, Python, GrADS
Language: Proficiency in Spanish
American Meteorological Society 94th Annual Meeting
January 31, 2014 - February 6, 2014; Atlanta, GA
American Meteorological Society 95th Annual Meeting
January 2, 2015 - January 9, 2015; Phoenix, AZ