Looking to obtain a position in the field of broadcast journalism utilizing my skills in communication, writing and investigations. Have an affable personality, a penchant for creative and promotional writing, keen interest for conveying truth, the ability to develop story ideas, induce people to interview and the aptitude to work in high stress situations and meet deadlines.
My professional accomplishments have shaped my personality. Most of the positions that have been held consisted of helping and serving others with integrity while working with children and adults at several agencies in a concerted effort to provide them with a safe, secure and stable living environment. These experiences have enhanced my ability to investigate, persuade people to converse, report, write, and develop contacts.
• Excellent social, written and communication skills
• Creative thinker who connects with diverse audiences
• Visually intuitive and detail oriented
• Present quality work in high pressure deadline situations
• Make quick decisions without losing composure
• Aptitude to work a flexible schedule independently and as a team player
• Capacity to provide insightful and thought-provoking story ideas
• Talent to identify an appealing story
• Ability to manage multiple assignments and cultivate contacts
• Fervor for truthful reporting
Freelance Medical Editing, Simpsonville South Carolina, Medical Editor
2012 - Present
• Performs forethought, revision, and research on work related medical cases.
• Implements case review, analysis, and fact checking.
• Corresponds with doctors, medical facilities and health agencies.
Office of the Public Defender, New Brunswick New Jersey
2007 - 2012
• Conducts deliberation, research, and investigations on criminal cases.
• Performs case review, analysis, and client interviews.
• Communicates with the Courts, Jails and Prosecutor’s office.
Division of Youth & Family Services, Hackensack New Jersey
2004 - 2007
Case Manager, FSSI
• Ensure that children are living in a safe, secure and stable home environment.
• Provide safety/risk assessments of family situations to see whether or not
services need and to be implemented.
• Interface and correspond with the court system, mental health agencies and
various other professionals.
• Responsible for case recording, home evaluations and compiling court reports
in a timely fashion.
Straight & Narrow Inc, Paterson, New Jersey
2003 - 2004
Primary Outpatient Counselor
• Facilitate group and individual therapy sessions with clients.
• Conduct client intakes, create and implement treatment plans based on
• Correspond with probation officers, DYFS, Drug Court Intervention and
Fordham University, New York, New York 2011
• Masters in Social Work
Connecticut School of Broadcasting, Hasbrouck Heights, New Jersey 2002
• Certification in Television and Radio Broadcasting
Montclair State University, Upper Montclair, New Jersey 1996
• Bachelor of Arts, Communication Studies
Rockland Community College, Suffern, New York 1993
• Associates Degree in Liberal Arts
• Board Member of Roper Mountain Holiday Lights
2013 - Present
• Greenville Rotary Membe
2013 - Present
• President of Lambda Pi Eta, MSU National Communication Honor Society
1995 – 1996
• Member of Phi Sigma Omicron Honor Society, Rockland Community College
1993 - Present