REPORTER/PRODUCER: Local 5 News (WOI-TV) Des Moines, IA
06/2015 – present
• Turn lead and promotable stories on a daily basis.
• Shoot and edit own stories and run live shots solo.
• Provide content ideas to News Directors and Producers.
• Go to reporter for breaking news.
• Fill-in produce as needed consisting of:
o Copy editing all scripts for newscast.
o Crafy compelling and fast-paced newscasts.
o Provide direction and feedback to reporters.
NEWS REPORTER: Today’s 6 (KIVI)/Fox 9 (KNIN) Boise, ID
01/14 – 02/2015
• Lead Monday - Friday reporter.
• Turn investigative and in-depth stories on a regular basis.
• Provide content ideas to News Director and Producers daily.
• Perform multiple live shots for multiple newscasts daily.
• Turn VOSOT’s and PKG’s on multiple stories for multiple shows daily.
• Report live from the scene of news events and breaking news daily.
• Go-to reporter for breaking news and investigative stories.
• Fill-In anchor.
FREELANCE PRODUCER, 9 On Your Side (WCPO) Cincinnati, OH
4/13 – 01/14
• Line produce evening newscast five-days a week.
• Find creative ways to showcase stories to standout from the competition and make the story more interesting to the viewer.
• Copy edit scripts, including reporter packages, prior to air.
• Assisted producers and reporters in crafting creative, visually appealing stories and newscasts.
• Use social media to engage in a two-way conversation with viewers and promote station.
10 P.M. NEWS PRODUCER, ABC 4 News (KTVX) Salt Lake City, UT.
(Position eliminated during station buy-out)
• Line produced evening newscasts on daily basis.
• Promoted to 10 p.m. newscast within a few months of employment.
• Oversaw daily production of 4 p.m., 4:30 p.m., 5:00 p.m., and 6:00 p.m. newscasts.
• Made editorial decisions on content for newscasts and story placement throughout the two hours.
• Approved reporter scripts prior to airing.
• Go-to producer for live breaking news cut-ins throughout the day.
MULTI-MEDIA PRODUCER, NBC Action News (KSHB), Kansas City, MO.
08/10 – 01/12
• Hired to build and launch 4:30 a.m. newscast.
• Promoted to 5:00 a.m. newscast within two months.
• Increased both rating and share of 5 a.m. newscast by 77% year to year.
• Used Facebook, Twitter, Skype and other social media sites to promote news content and generate viewer feedback to be used on-air.
• Previewed news before airing.
• Coordinated breaking stories.
• Executed the show in control room.
• Primary fill-in reporter for ‘Viewers’ Voice’ segment.
NEWSCAST PRODUCER, WHO-TV Channel 13, Des Moines, IA.
7/08 – 08/10
• Wrote easily understood scripts for anchors to read during weekend evening newscasts and for morning show three days a week.
• Listened to scanners and assign reporters and photographers to breaking news as needed.
• Setup, coordinated, and managed live shots during show.
• Timed shows and booth all newscasts.
• Found new and innovated ways to present news to viewers in order to provide the most effective news for the needs of those watching.
• Planned reporter’s stories to be shot and aired during weekend evening newscasts.
Des Moines, IA