Candace is an energetic, professional, and engaging anchor with excellent work ethic and proven reporting skills. She is a well-respected journalist with the ability to gain exclusive interviews and secure invaluable information for the news team. Candace is a fearless leader who excels in any environment she’s thrown into and can be trusted to get the job done accurately and professionally.
University of Alabama Tuscaloosa, Al
● B.A., Broadcast Journalism; Minor: Communication Studies
● Summa Cum Laude; GPA 4.0
WALA FOX 10 News; Mobile, AL
Anchor/Host/Reporter; August 2011-present
● Played an instrumental role in launching a weekend morning newscast which is the most-watched two-hour weekend morning newscast in the market.
● Work alongside producers to craft newscasts that utilize the entire studio and grasp viewer's attention.
● Ad-lib seamlessly, from cross talk to breaking news
● Deliver concise, factual, urgent information during breaking news live in the field and on the desk
● Interview guests on set and host cooking segments.
● Enterprise and execute informative, demonstrative live morning interviews
● Engage with viewers through social media platforms and promote positive change.
WVUA-TV; Tuscaloosa, AL
Reporter/Assistant Producer/Guest Coordinator/Editor; June 2009-August 2011
● Voluntarily worked rolling coverage of the historic 2011 EF-4 tornado
● Capstone Correspondent: shot, wrote, and edited packages serving as a correspondent for The University of Alabama
● One-Man-Band: made beat calls, pitched enterprise stories, set up, shot, wrote and edited packages
● Used linear and nonlinear editing to cut videos, interviews and packages for multiple newscasts
● Collaborated with editors and producers to stack news broadcast, write topicals, teases and top stories
WAGA FOX 5 News; Atlanta, GA
Internship; May 2010-July 2010
● Shadowed reporters, producers, editors, floor director and guest coordinator
● Serve as an emcee, judge, guest instructor and station representative at many community events and public engagements
● Lead a weekly small group for 10 women in their 20’s and 30’s encouraging interpersonal relationships, community, and spiritual growth
● Helped provide safe water to families and children in Africa aiding in sanitation and hygiene initiatives
● Guest instructor for the Satsuma High School Cologuard and Winterguard
● Chosen for The University of Alabama “Touching Lives” commercial promoting the university