I am a highly motivated Broadcast News and Communications professional. I am outgoing, personable and I have demonstrated strong leadership skills. I am trained and experienced in writing, reporting, and production. I am a self-starter with work experience in a variety of professional and volunteer endeavors. I am organized, reliable and creative. I am fluent and comfortable in both French and English.
September 2014- April 2016- SAIT Broadcast News
• On air talent for SAIT's television show, Newsfile,
• Television and radio reporter for Qwest 103 and SAIT Newsfile,
• Produced SAIT Newsfile.
October 2015 – SAIT Trojans Broadcasting
• Statistics and Colour commentator for the SAIT Trojan’s hockey games, broadcast on community television and ACAC online.
• Chosen to conduct live rink side interviews during televised hockey games.
• Conducted radio interviews that aired during pre-game and intermission coverage.
September 2015 – Social Media Coordinator - "Who To Call" Internet Business, Calgary AB
• Managing Twitter account and creating web content.
Summer 2014 – Coordinator - NATIONAL Public Relations, Calgary AB
• Media Relations (media pitching, media monitoring, creating media lists and reports) for various clients.
• Coordinated media contact between clients and media outlets. Authored and prepared press background and presentation packages.
• Authored and created website content.
• Event organization, staging and media coordination.
Summer 2013 – Student Coordinator - NATIONAL Public Relations, Calgary AB
• Helped with media relations (media pitching, media monitoring, creating media lists and reports) for various clients.
• Worked with media to facilitate interviews with clients.
• Worked on various internal database projects and internal business development projects.
• I am trained and experienced in the broadcast news writing format.
• I am a strong writer.
• I have developed and written stories for CTV as a practicum student, and Global News as a video journalist.
• I develop, structure and compose scripts for my reporter packs.
• I am experienced in reporting on technical matters, such as court proceedings, in an understandable manner.
• I prepare and publish material for social media and web content.
• I am comfortable meeting tight deadlines.
On air delivery:
• Television reporting at Global News.
• Radio and television on air delivery.
• On air delivery of broadcast news on SAIT Newsfile including reporting, anchoring, sports and weather.
• Credible and personable anchoring.
• Comfortable in breaking news situations.
• Proficient in Avid Media Composer, Vegas, Edius, and Adobe Premier Pro.
• Experienced in audio editing on Newsroom 4.5 and Adobe Audition.
• I solely produce and edit all my reporter packs for TV and radio.
• Trained Videographer.
• Skilled in shooting with an HD Sony XDCAM.
• Proficient with iNews and ENPS.
• Produced SAIT Newsfile, writing scripts, cut VO's, creating lineups, and structuring the show.
• Experienced with Newsroom 4.5.
• Skilled in all Microsoft programs including, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• I am a collaborative team player.
• I am enthusiastic and creative.
• I am a hard worker.
• I will bring a smile to your newsroom.
• 2014-2016 - Radio, Television and Broadcast News Diploma, Southern Alberta of Technology. Majoring in broadcast news and production.
• 2012-2014 Bachelor of Communications, University of Calgary.
• 2010 -2012 Attended Sauder School of Business University of British Columbia.